Friday, January 28, 2011

Defiant Joy


I first heard about G. K. Chesterton when I was reading about C.S. Lewis and the affect that Chesterton had on him. I checked out some of Chesterton works such as The Father Brown Mysteries, Man who was thursday, and the Ballad of the White Horse. I realized that after looking into Chesterton that he wrote lots of different things. I was really suprised when I got the chance to receive a review copy of this book from BookSneeze and thomas Nelson and to give an unbiased review.
The book is great and does a great job of giving a glimpse at Chesterton. The book does read quickly and seems to just give a glimpse into Chestertons works. I really liked this but if you are wanting a more indepth look I would look elsewhere as this again is just a short intro to Chesterton and his works.
Overall though a really well written look at Chesterton and his works. I loved this book and will definetly look more into Chesterton as he is often overlooked by people and really an unknown even though he has written on lots of subjects and had a huge impact on lots of people.

No comments: