Thursday, June 9, 2011

Nick of Time



First Off I would like to thank booksneeze and Thomas Nelson for providing a copy of this book to read and give my unbiased review on.


I really love the "Bug Man" novels that are written by author tim Downs and was excited when I saw he had a new one out in the series. The Bug man as Nick Polchak is called is one of my favorite literary characters of all time. He is funny, quirky, and just plain weird. You can't help but like the guy.


This book starts off with Nick and Alena ( a dog trainer and recluse from previous books in the BUg Man series) planning the final pieces of their upcoming wedding in a few days. When Nick gets asked to help an old friend out on a case. When Nick travels to Philadelphia to help him out he finds the friend has been murdered. Nick decides to look into the murder and also searches for what he really wants in life as he must decide what is really important to himself.


The book is a great read with great characters and really captures your attention. I really wasnt ready for what I considered a big plot twist towars the later part of the book as it really hit me out of nowhere as I didnt even see it coming. It was a great change as I thought I knew where the book was going but I guess not.


I would really recommend all of the series of books and this one is one of the best in the series.

No comments: